Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years. This IT help desk technician job description template includes the list of most important IT help desk technician’s duties and responsibilities. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees. All help desk personnel need excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills, along with patience, a customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment. To be a successful help desk technician, you should be well-versed in all aspects of computer systems configuration, set up, and maintenance.
- For IT help desk jobs, you could do an intermediate or advanced apprenticeship in IT support, or an infrastructure technician advanced apprenticeship.
- A service desk engineer job description typically includes both technical and communication skills.
- ECS has an exciting opportunity with the US Mint to provide Tier 2 ServiceDesk support for their IT Operations Support division.
- Learn to troubleshoot problems with hardware and software, including desktop applications, web sites, and mobile apps.
• Properly document all issues in tickets and update knowledge base articles for other engineers. • IPsoft is a global autonomic services provider, delivering Managed Services, Platform-as-a-Service, Automation-as-a-Service and Autonomic Cloud Orchestration.
Help Desk Engineer
A mobile phone company also has many service desk engineering jobs. This is the technical group that resolves wireless phone issues for customers. The service engineer typically knows many nuances of various types of phones because he deals with trouble issues on a daily basis. Learn to troubleshoot problems with hardware and software, including desktop applications, web sites, and mobile apps.
- Nowadays, IT help desk support engineers rely on advanced software in order to speed up the ticketing process.
- A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
- Top 5 computer systems analyst interview questions with detailed tips for both hiring managers and candidates.
- Browse through our resume examples to identify the best way to word your resume.
- ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government.
- While some may work for large software companies or support service firms, others work in call centers.
- They monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure.
Many businesses are continuing to expand their operations and need to invest in technology in order to support this growth. The IT help desk job market is expected to continue to be on the rise in the coming years.
Help Desk IT Support Technician/Engineer
Using help desk engineers and information engineers resumes, we found that both professions have similar skills such as “troubleshoot,” “help-desk support,” and “technical support,” but the other skills required are very different. The estimated total pay for a Help Desk Engineer is $58,889 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $55,492 per year. These numbers represent the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. Additional pay could include cash bonus, commission, tips, and profit sharing.
- Desktop support technicians maintain the safety and security of networks, preventing unauthorized access and illegal dissemination of database information.
- Once you’ve become a help desk engineer, you may be curious about what other opportunities are out there.
- • Provide support for end users in Windows XP, Windows 7 & Windows 8 in domain environments.
- Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
- A mobile phone company also has many service desk engineering jobs.
The goal is to help desk engineer value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business. An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers. Developed customizable hardware and software packages for the customer.
000+ Help Desk Engineer Jobs in United States
Maintain NAS, SAN storage systems, Windows & Linux servers, network and cloud administration. Administered in-house and telecommuters phone system, network, Internet, e-mail and web site connectivity. Install and configure the OS according to customers’ specifications. Followed up on hardware sales to determine defective, broken, or missing parts or software. Worked with hardware vendors for warranty parts replacements of desktops, laptops and tablet PCs.
• Test and report errors in company internal systems and tracking tools. What your skills are worth in the job market is constantly changing. Imagine you have just been hired by Simco Financial Services, Inc., to join their Help Desk team. The Director of the I/T Department has identified the need for a new network for the headquarters facility. We calculated that 8% of Help Desk Engineers are proficient in Troubleshoot, Help-Desk Support, and Technical Support. They’re also known for soft skills such as Customer-service skills, Listening skills, and Speaking skills.